Skip to main content

“MEET THE NEW SCHOOL WAVE - DIVINE IKUBOR”


The new generation of artist will soon be taking over the music industry in Nigeria and Music Guru(s) Olamide and Don Jazzy are willing to give them a chance this follows up with the recent discovery of Don Jazzy's new artiste, Rema.
The new artiste is signed under Jonzing World, Mavin’s first-ever imprint record label.
Don Jazzy, who revealed this in a statement on Wednesday, said the development is a response to a growing demand for Nigerian music internationally.
The development comes on the heels of a recent announcement of a multimillion-dollar investment in Mavin Records by Kupanda Holdings a global private equity firm.


The new artiste, Rema, is an 18-year-old emerging artist, whose real name is Divine Ikubor ( Rema grew up, lived and hustled in Benin City. As a young rapper in church and school, he  knew from an early  age of eleven that music was what he wanted to spend his life doing. Rema  went on to perform on several stages in Benin City and created his own live band while still in school..) The singer was discovered by D’Prince, who is Don Jazzy’s biological brother.

“When I first heard Rema’s work I knew this was an artist I wanted the entire world listening to; his talent and artistry are so far beyond his years. By collaborating with Mavin Global, Jonzing World will be able to discover and develop not just Rema but many more exceptional talents like him. This is only the beginning,” 


Don Jazzy said Rema’s sound is unique and tilted towards Afrobeat, Trap, and Alternative music.
Speaking on his signing to Jonzing World, the energetic performer said,

“It still feels like a dream. It is such a blessing for me to be chosen for something great, and given a platform as big as Mavin Global and a team as supportive as Jonzing World to enable me to achieve my career objectives in music. I am super excited about what the future holds.”



 Don Jazzy, Mavin Global President said ,

“Rema is a formidable young artist: with his skill and versatility, he has a unique place in the future of Afro beats. At the same time, we’re excited to launch our first imprint deal with Jonzing World. This model will expand the number of ways the Mavin platform can support artists and entrepreneurship in Africa to grow together, at home and internationally,”

Don Jazzy also noted that strategic move was made possible by the label’s multi-million dollar partnership with Kupanda Holdings, which would help strengthen the label’s core operations across A&R, touring, marketing, distribution, publishing and partnerships.

The signing was immediately followed by the release of the visuals to his introductory single, 'Iron Man.

https://youtu.be/EJIDnsi7r8o


Comments

Unknown said…
You are awesome Divine
and I can't wait to meet you when someone finds me too

Popular posts from this blog

"Meet Sultana Nazif"

My name is Sultana Nazif, I am 17 years old. I was born in December (best month of the year) I loveee reading books and am also a planner I always like to be organised. The apps on my phone are arranged from darker colours to lighter colours. I am studying to become an Engineer InshaAllah.  I have six younger siblings I hate when things don’t go my way and i like being in control. I try my best to be nice to everyone I also love listening to music I am so Indecisive 😂.   I think African teenagers nowadays are very diverse with their sense of style and fashion statements, both girls and boys! Everyone should be able to dress how ever they want to and should feel free of being judged. For what they wear because at the end of the day you only have to please yourself. Do you and stay true to you because there are gonna be haters anyway🤪

What Do Older Generations Misunderstand About Teenagers Today?

What stereotypes about teenagers do the adults you know seem to hold? How does the media portray people your age — and what, in your opinion, do they get wrong? What do you wish you could explain to adults in general to dispel some of these beliefs? In “ Taking Away the Phones Won’t Solve Our Teenagers’ Problems ,” a psychology professor writes about rising levels of anxiety and stress: Teenagers are struggling with anxiety more than any other problem, and perhaps more than ever before. There’s a good chance that it is anxiety that is driving teenagers (and the rest of us) to escape into screens as a way to flee fears. Across most types of anxiety runs a common thread — difficulty coping with feelings of uncertainty: something today’s teenagers have more than their fair share of. They have uncertain economic lives: Unlike previous generations, they can anticipate a worse economic future than their parents. They’ve also grown up with uncertain truths and unre

"Meet Beauty Queen Imani Shagari"

I’m Imani Shagari , a student reading Architecture and I’m one of twenty other children. Coming from a big family has shown me how important supporting other people can be to their growth. I constantly live by the quote “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.” It motivates me to help and support people without feeling afraid or threatened by their growth. Instead it helps me to see the best in people and that everyone has their own gifts , we just need each other to help show those gifts. As a young black girl, I would encourage other girls just like me to love themselves and also believe that they are beautiful without the beauty standards set up by society and social media.