Skip to main content

"How to Be a Confident Beautiful Black Girl"

Being born black is a gift, and I feel like the ones that do not agree with that just feel intimidated.  Being black is being fearless, strong and capable. Being black girl  in our society you have to tell yourself what the world doesn't tell you. You have to look at yourself in the mirror and remind yourself of how beautiful, smart and ambitious you are. I tell myself that I am not just good enough. I am more than enough because I am black.

1. Smile at yourself in the mirror often. There are loads of studies that show that smiling can be a great way to feel more positive and happier about yourself and your life. Smiling in front of a mirror can really help towards building the self-confidence you desire.

2. Recite a personal mantra. Mantras are statements that we repeat in our heads over and over again throughout the day. If the statement playing on a loop in your head is negative, you will feel bad about yourself or lack confidence in your abilities. Positive statements empower you to become the person you long to be.

3. Make a list of your positive traits. If you lack self-confidence, you need to take a moment and think about your strengths. Sit down and create a list. This reminds you of all the things you have to be proud of and can slowly make you more confident over time. Sometimes, we focus so much on what we are not that we overlook what we are.

4. Get a grasp on your culture. Research has shown that blacks often progress through several stages in a racial identity model in which you first view whites as being better and yourself as being inferior until the last stage where you internalize your culture and reap a great deal of self-esteem and confidence. Getting a thorough understanding of your historical and cultural background can help you to assimilate your feelings about race into a positive self-identity.

5. Find your voice. If you are lacking confidence, you may not feel comfortable speaking up for yourself or expressing your thoughts or opinions. Every woman must learn to develop her own unique way of expressing herself. Practice being assertive, and not aggressive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Meet Sultana Nazif"

My name is Sultana Nazif, I am 17 years old. I was born in December (best month of the year) I loveee reading books and am also a planner I always like to be organised. The apps on my phone are arranged from darker colours to lighter colours. I am studying to become an Engineer InshaAllah.  I have six younger siblings I hate when things don’t go my way and i like being in control. I try my best to be nice to everyone I also love listening to music I am so Indecisive 😂.   I think African teenagers nowadays are very diverse with their sense of style and fashion statements, both girls and boys! Everyone should be able to dress how ever they want to and should feel free of being judged. For what they wear because at the end of the day you only have to please yourself. Do you and stay true to you because there are gonna be haters anyway🤪

"Meet Beauty Queen Imani Shagari"

I’m Imani Shagari , a student reading Architecture and I’m one of twenty other children. Coming from a big family has shown me how important supporting other people can be to their growth. I constantly live by the quote “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.” It motivates me to help and support people without feeling afraid or threatened by their growth. Instead it helps me to see the best in people and that everyone has their own gifts , we just need each other to help show those gifts. As a young black girl, I would encourage other girls just like me to love themselves and also believe that they are beautiful without the beauty standards set up by society and social media. 

What Do Older Generations Misunderstand About Teenagers Today?

What stereotypes about teenagers do the adults you know seem to hold? How does the media portray people your age — and what, in your opinion, do they get wrong? What do you wish you could explain to adults in general to dispel some of these beliefs? In “ Taking Away the Phones Won’t Solve Our Teenagers’ Problems ,” a psychology professor writes about rising levels of anxiety and stress: Teenagers are struggling with anxiety more than any other problem, and perhaps more than ever before. There’s a good chance that it is anxiety that is driving teenagers (and the rest of us) to escape into screens as a way to flee fears. Across most types of anxiety runs a common thread — difficulty coping with feelings of uncertainty: something today’s teenagers have more than their fair share of. They have uncertain economic lives: Unlike previous generations, they can anticipate a worse economic future than their parents. They’ve also grown up with uncertain truths and unre